Tuesday 9 February 2010

27th September
I often get the feeling that P is not always pleased when I bring my friends home to visit. I will admit that the frogs take quite a bit of persuading to go out again....and that some of the mice haven't actually left yet....but the slugs and snails have never been a problem. Well, when I brought the grass snake in last night she gave me that look, the one that has begun to un-nerve me a little. It was that look that made me get things a bit wrong. Anyway, I brought him in, put him in the middle of the floor and went to find my toy box to give him something to play with. I had just decided on noddy when I got the look, snake had 'legged' it under the sofa. P obviously thought this was a situation that needed rectifying so she lay on the floor, peering. I felt a bit guilty after all she wasn't well so I thought I'd help. I ran across the room and jumped on her back to show moral support. Do you know, I could hear the air gush out of her, I think snake heard it too because he came out all on his own. P looked as though she was having a bit of trouble getting her breath so I picked him up and took him out. We had more fun outside anyway.

No comments: